St. George's Chapel
At the time of writing, nothing was known of this chapel and its graveyard beyond a reference in John Owen's manuscripts relating to his visit to the site in 1860. Now, thanks to the sterling work of Steve Little, a little more is known.
Steve discovered a typescript record of a court case in 1827 relating to the sale of bodies by the then Sexton of the graveyard, John Eaton, an offence for which he was sentenced to six months with hard labour. These records also, and most importantly, include an engraving of the chapel.
The engraving is unequivocally the chapel to which Owen refers and shows two adjacent buildings. The larger building consists of the chapel and an adjoining house (presumably the house in which Owen visited Mr. Cockerham). The smaller building is described in the documents as "The Necessary", presumably a toilet. The relative sizes and positions of the buildings correspond closely with the two buildings to the south east of St. George's Church shown on Pigot's map of 1813 (highlighted in red below) and conjectured in the book to be the chapel.